Having two boys at home I don’t get to make this cute knotted headbands much, but I’ve made a few for my friends’ girls whenever possible.
It’s a very very simple project, perfect for beginner sewers! If you are just learning to sew, just grab some old T-shirts and make some of these headbands.
What you’ll need:
- Knit fabric or an old T-shirt
- Sewing supplies
- Knotted Headband pattern
Start out by printing the FREE pattern. You’ll find it HERE. Cut it out and tape the two pieces together.
- Cut two pieces using the pattern
- Put the two pieces right sides together and sew all around the pieces using a zigzag stitch or a serger. Make sure to leave an opening to turn the headband right side out.
- Turn the headband right side out and press.
- Close the opening. This can be done either with ladder stitch or by topstitching as close as you can to the edge.
- Tie the headband into a knot and you’re done! You’ve made the cutest little headband for your girl! 🙂
Need to cover those ears? Try out this Ear Warmer Headband